Wednesday, January 22, 2014

C&S Step by Step 1-22-14


January 22, 2014

I just love it when things come together and I can take care of two projects at once.  Today I will be creating a 3x4 card that can be attached to a card front or used as a pocket page filler card.  I'm follow another blog Project Life Card Swap, where we swap 3x4 and 4x6 cards.  I picket the Love theme this month which works really well with this weeks featured paper Love Notes from Crate Paper and the Paper Smooches Love Struck stamp set.  

I knew I needed to make 10 cards for trading so I started with the Lawn Fawn Stitched Journaling Card die and used it to cut two cards at a time.  This is actually the fist time I've cut more than one piece of paper at a time and I was really surprised how well it did.  I just folded my 8 1/2 x 11 paper in half and the die fit perfectly.  I was able to cut 6 from each sheet of paper. 


 I then took the Paper Smooches Love die and cut it out of the flying hearts paper.  I don't know what I was thinking, because you really can't see the hearts on it.  Then I took the die and traced the outline of it and cut it out with scissors.  I needed to create a shadow for my die cut and this is the easiest way I've found to do that.  


 I took the Love Struck stamp set and stamped and then used the metal die cut for the arrow.   I cut out the heart with the Spellbinders heat die and covered it with Glossy Accents.  After looking at it, the arrow seemed real plain so I colored it with some Wink of Stella silver and pink.


Then I did was something I don't normally recommend, but I have been know to do it a few times.  That is cut my stamp in half.  This way I can use the part of the stamp I need.  With the clear stamps it's very easy to place them back together and stamp with them as a whole unit later on. 


I used the Struck part of the stamp.  Using Versamark ink and white embossing powder really helps the word stand out.  I then took my Uni-ball white gel pen and traced along the outside of the stamp where the stitching marks from the die are. 


One down, nine more to go.  

The anything goes with an arrow challenge ends on Monday.  Be sure to stop by the challenge blog and get your creation entered.  We would love to see what you create. 

Until next time.

1 comments:

BlueCrayons said...

beautifully done. thanks for the stamp tip. i always seem to only ink the half i need.

BL

Post a Comment